I fly out on the 6:00 am flight tomorrow for Fairbanks. I'm excited to start the next leg of this adventure. I figure I'm as ready as I'm gonna be.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Farewell (and Pancakes)
Today is my last day in Sitka, exactly four months since I left North Carolina. The sun is out, and the sound of a chainsaw reverberates through the open window of my house. I celebrated my final day by making a bunch of pancakes this morning. If there is one thing I have done a lot of since my arrival in Alaska, it's eat pancakes. I've become a Paul Bunyan of sorts, all I really lack is a blue ox.
I fly out on the 6:00 am flight tomorrow for Fairbanks. I'm excited to start the next leg of this adventure. I figure I'm as ready as I'm gonna be.
Also, hooray for Mrs. Butterworth. She really does make the rockin' world go 'round.
I fly out on the 6:00 am flight tomorrow for Fairbanks. I'm excited to start the next leg of this adventure. I figure I'm as ready as I'm gonna be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dang. Bet of luck to you my friend. And you were right, that beard is pretty impressive!
ReplyDeleteHey thomas your beard is looking good bro. throw in a machete, a couple grenades and maybe a colt .45 and you could be the next action hero.
ReplyDeletetotally agree with JoJo on that one man. its getting there
ReplyDeleteSitka just isn't the same without you Thomas. I was walking to work yesterday and was saddened that you weren't around, perhaps you should drop out of the Hot Shots and come back to us!
ReplyDelete